Jetblue Amex 10k points

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by upupandaway7, Dec 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. upupandaway7

upupandaway7 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi Guys
    What is your take on the jetblue 10k points. Is it worth it? It is from Amex.
    I have been getting emails saying that 10k is good enough for award round trip flights.
    But from my zero experience , I have been reading that 10k is a little small bonus for a credit card.
    https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/trueblue/true-blue-card
    Thoughts?

2. FredEX17

FredEX17 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Personally, I don't care much for the Jetblue program. I joined a couple of years ago and got the credit card as well. It's true that you could travel on their points for as low as 10k one way, however that is if the flight is in low demand. If you look at the cost of that one way, it well may be cheap enough just to buy it. So if that one way is in high demand, the original 10k cost is now more like 20-25k. It flexes according to demand.
    I just like it when there are set costs (ie 25k miles/points roundtrip) for the continental US as there is is some programs. Some people might feel different and of course it all depends and starts and what your personal goals are.
    If you do decide to get the credit card, I'd appreciate the referral bonus......If you send me your email I'd send you the referral email. You'd still get the 10k sign up bonus and I'd get 5k for the referral. However if you have friend that has the card already, they could give you the referral as well.... It's all good here and we just want to help each other out.... Cheers

jd623 likes this.
  3. upupandaway7

upupandaway7 Active Member

Status Points:
    hey fred, thanks a lot for the info. I was leaning towards not taking it as well as no one highly recommends it compared to other cards. This clears out. Incase I am getting bored and do get it, will send over the referral for sure.
    Cheers.