Jet Blue Points

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by mailbroad, Jan 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mailbroad

mailbroad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I mostly fly on Jet Blue... but I don't have to. What is the best credit card where I could have a choice for Jet Blue points or points for another airline. Wouldn't it be one of the Amex cards? I don't want the Jet Blue only card. Thanks.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only CCs I'm aware of that provide access to TrueBlue points are the TrueBlue AmEx and any Membership Rewards AmEx.

mailbroad likes this.
  3. mailbroad

mailbroad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!

4. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also remeber that you do not need TrueBlue points to book jetBlue flights. I imagine what I am about to propose is extremely ineffecient and a bit off-topic but I will say it anyway.

Proprietary point programs have their own reward flight booking engines. You could use those programs to book jetBlue flights without needing trueblue points.

WorldPoints, Ultimate rewards.

Whatever. Just delete this post I guess and stick with AmEx...:(

5. Jeff the Wanderer

Jeff the Wanderer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Jet Blue just got into a partnership with Hawaiian Airlines, so the Bank of America Hawaiian Airlines and Bank of Hawaii Hawaiian Airlines cards might be good options for you. Several people have reported getting both at once, and that would give you 70,000 Hawaiian Miles. I'm not sure if they have announced award charts yet, but I believe you will soon be able to use Hawaiian miles to fly Jet Blue as well as bank Jet Blue flights to Hawaiian miles.

Doing this would give you the added options of a nice trip to Hawaii or also Hawaiian Miles transfer 1:2 to Hilton HHonors points, so you could trade those sign up miles for 140,000 HHonors points.

mailbroad likes this.
  6. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    or you could get a economy award on Virgin Atlantic between the Mainland U.S. and the rest of the world serviced by Virgin Atlantic for only 70k miles.

mailbroad likes this.
  7. mailbroad

mailbroad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for this tip! I was thinking of getting the Hawaiian Airlines card!

TheTravelAbstract likes this.