Jellypods

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by Jellypods, Mar 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jellypods

Jellypods Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi there, LH SEN from Munich here, not sure if this counts as "technology", but some of you might like to know about a little side project I've been working on called Jellypods.

What are Jellypods? You can read the whole story from start to current status on the diary-blog we've been keeping at jellypods.wordpress.com.

Right now it's 100% non-commercial but we will be looking for about 25 field testers to take the first prototypes of the moulds out into the field and try them out for real. Sign up if you want to be kept up-to-date and stay tuned to the blog for more updates as we head to the factory on 5th-7th April - we will come back from the factory with a box of 50 prototypes and 25 of those will go to lucky beta testers....

Jelly

sobore and Gargoyle like this.
  2. yaffa
    Original Member

yaffa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are the zippers 'just' regular zippers?
    The containers in my ziplock bags (for short trips I stopped using my Samsonite toiletry kit) tend to open up every now and then. With the ziplock bags I simply throw them away and use another one. How easy can your jellypod be cleaned and how fast does it attract dirt/... aka 'how coarse is the surface'?

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd be interested in field testing. Your blog is quite insightful independent of the actual product.

4. diver90
    Original Member

diver90 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I hope you do provide them in various colors while still maintaining TSA (and other TSA like authorities) approval.

5. Jellypods

Jellypods Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi

The zippers are not really zippers, but are kind of push fit, double locking, watertight male/female, all integral to the opening - so not a regular zip. That bit has been the most tricky of all, because TSA rules say the bag has to resealable.

The whole thing is made from silicone so it is very robust and temperature stable - you can wash it in a dishwasher or by hand with soap and water.

The surface is completely smooth - another tricky bit - and transparent, like a baby bottle nipple, but with special formulation/treatment to avoid dirt pickup.

All in all I never expected it to be so complex to design this little bag/pod, but there is a lot of thought in there; I have to admit I designed it mainly for myself - I've travelled about 1,000,000 air miles over the past 7-8 years, so I know what I wanted and I hope others do too!

Jelly

6. yaffa
    Original Member

yaffa Silver Member

Status Points:
    You've put a lot of thought into this product. Count me interested!

7. Jellypods

Jellypods Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some exciting news on the Jellypods blog today as we have pictures of the first trial runs of Jellypods on the moulds - the first real, live Jellypods on the planet!

Have a look at http://jellypods.wordpress.com.

Not long now until we offer those first 25 prototypes to frequently flying beta testers!

Jelly

8. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is very cool. I would be interested too.

9. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been signed up on the website for a bit now [hint - pick me pick me as a beta tester]

Cheers -

10. Robin
    Original Member

Robin Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd be interested in field testing. I've also signed up. Good luck with the product, great idea.