Jaunted Photo Essay - CX's Remodeled "The Wing" Lounge

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by DestinationDavid, May 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Ran across this today and figured some might want to read/look at the offering: LINK.

Notable new bits:
    · The Coffee Loft. We'll let you in on a secret: this is our favorite spot in the entire lounge (more on why below).

· An expanded Noodle Bar. Look, the Noodle Bar has always been excellent, but Cathay has elevated it with new cooked-to-order menu items (like Char Siu Bao), expanded the seating and updated the entire space. Also we should note that the lounge's food service is by the catering arm of Peninsula Hotels. Swish!

· The entire lower level. We'd say this is more for the traveler who has only brief time to enjoy the lounge. Here there's the IT zone with PC computers and pritners, two sitting areas, a self-serve buffet and easier access to the shower suites.

· Shower suites:. There's 24 of them, but though the lounge had them previously, they're now updated with Murad toiletries and a long, moodlit entrance hallway.

· Little lux details. Luxury is expected in Hong Kong, so we're talking white Italian Carrara marble counters and bars, China black granite, towering Chinese bamboo plants, Italian leather chairs (including 35 of Cathay Pacific's Solus chairs, an exclusive design in partnership with Poltrona Frau).

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  2. wingspan
    Original Member

wingspan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I must say, I really enjoyed the shower suites several times last month. The products they're using are great, and the showers refreshing.

The noodle bar is a favourite, too. Particularly when they are cooking custard bao. Delicious!

Can't wait to see what the finished first lounge looks like when the renovations are complete. :)

Flying Bat and TRAVELSIG like this.
  3. gamecock

gamecock Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow! Can't wait to visit in December!

4. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has the F part been redone yet?

5. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still under rennovation and closed. They keep on saying 4th quarter of this year to reopen but the Senior Purser of my flight coming back last month from CDG tells me not to count on it until at least January.

6. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And its now January!

7. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    The F lounge wasn't open when I was there a few days ago. Peeked in and it was still pretty rough (scaffolding, unfinished work).

anabolism likes this.
  8. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was in HKG last week and asked about the F Wing and was told it should be done by Chinese New Year.