Japanese breakfast 1st class - anyone had it?

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by estnet, Aug 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    For the second meal sfo-hkg and only meal hkg-sin the only book the cook option is congee, but under specialty meals it lists Japanese. This is NOT kyo keiseiki, does anyone know what it is - can't find details either by a search or on the SQ website

iolaire likes this.
  2. Nelumbo
    Original Member

Nelumbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I selected the Japanese Meal in the Book the cook option for breakfast on SQ1 SFO-HKG last week. It was excellent!
    To start, I had a bowl of miso soup and a plate of delicately prepared appetizers (steamed quid paste topped with grilled corn, sliced and marinated shrimp, asparagus wrapped in bacon, broiled edeme, sliced and smoked duck breast and tempura bite). The main course comprised of a bowl of steamed rice with sliced bok choy, and four plates: a. Japanese marinated salmon, broiled sticks of potato and asparagus, deep-fried lotus root, broiled scallop, broiled eggplant and bok choy, broiled sliced squash; b. Japanese grilled eel; c. marinated sliced vegetable mix; d. preserved vegetables (daikon and ginger). I really enjoyed this meal.

estnet, sobore and iolaire like this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you very much for your report! I'll consider the meal this fall..

4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    That sounds great, but it was NOT an option in the Book the cook section - that only gave me the choice of congee as I mentioned, but below the Book the cook there were other meal choices in the drop down menu - so I hope this is what I would get (or something equivalent). Thanks so much for the reply:)

Kalboz likes this.
  5. Nelumbo
    Original Member

Nelumbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are right, my bad memory. It was indeed an option in the drop down menu other than the book the cook (toasted multigrain bread).

6. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please will someone remind me how to book the cook on a UA reservation? I've seen it before but can no longer find it. I want to order the Japanese Meal breakfast for later this month.

7. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA booking code will not work on SQ system.
    What you need to do is to call SQ and you give them your flight number and dates and your name. You can request the BTC then. And don't forget to make sure you get the SQ PNR as well so that you can check it in the SQ website.

iolaire likes this.
  8. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks I have the SQ PNR.

SQ will not let me check my trip via https://www.singaporeair.com/manageBooking-flow.form?execution=e2s1 since its a partner reservation, and http://mobile.singaporeair.com/ doesn't appear to have the book the cook option.

Is there another link for Book the Cook? Or is the phone call the only option? (Sometime after booking this award I was able to see it as an option.)

LizzyDragon84 and SQ LPP like this.
  9. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I had my award bookings using BD miles, I was able to see the bookings on line with PNR and last name. Once in there, I saw the options for seats and meals.
    Since you said it's not working, IMHO, the only option left is by calling. SQ USA 800 number is pretty good place to start, especially you are in F cabin.

iolaire likes this.
  10. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I flew SQ last month on a UA booking, the SQ site didn't work for me either with the SQ PNR, so I had to call in BTC. All the options are listed online, so all you have to do is tell the phone rep what you want. It only took me about 5 min. to do.

SQ LPP and iolaire like this.
  11. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think there was a change a short while ago to the SQ system such that partner reservations that used to be visible on their website with their pnr changed to be unable to be seen:( Given that the SQ phone system is the opposite of their onboard service it is a REAL loss!

LizzyDragon84 and iolaire like this.