January 21 notification emails

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by slalom, Jan 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Air Canada said that:

"By week of January 21:
    You’ll receive an email confirming your 2013 Air Canada Altitude status. This year, you’ll receive your Altitude package prior to choosing your Select Privileges."

Has anyone received their notification yet? (....obviously I have not)

2. Not I either.

3. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are, of course, 6 days left in the week of January 21.

mtlfire likes this.
  4. Now 5 left:D
    are you glad I can count?

5. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't hold your breath while you count.

canucklehead and guinnessxyz like this.
  6. georockc

georockc Silver Member

Status Points:
    nope, not yet. but the weeks not over.

7. Just now received:
    Guinnessxyz,

As of January 10, 2013, you've reached
    Altitude Super Elite™ 100K status. Congratulations. Things will really start to look up on March 1, 2013, when your new range of exclusive privileges kick in.

During the week of February 25, 2013, keep an eye out for an email inviting you to choose your Select Privileges, in order to customize your travel experience even further. Depending on your selection you'll either receive your Select Privileges electronically, or in a follow-up package within 4 to 6 weeks. In the meantime, you will be receiving your Altitude package, including your membership card and luggage tags, by March 1, 2013.

To preview the privileges available for 2013 Altitude Super Elite 100K status, plus additional information about the timeline leading up to the launch of Altitude, visit
    altitude.aircanada.com.

Your globetrotting has truly paid off. Congratulations once again.

Sincerely,

[​IMG]
    Craig Landry
    Vice President, Marketing

Air Canada

8. Here is what the link said:
    introducing altitude

The new Air Canada Top Tier Program, known as Air Canada Altitude, will be arriving March 1, 2013, complete with a new website and redesigned privileges. Take a ride with Altitude for a truly elevated travel experience.
    As a part of the redesign, you can look forward to:
    • Five levels, to be known as: Prestige 25K, Elite 35K, Elite 50K, Elite 75K, and Super Elite 100K. At each level, your status will entitle you to a range of privileges. Enjoy priority reservation & airport services, complimentary checked baggage, upgrades to Executive Class, lounge access, Star Alliance recognition and much more.
    • A new program look and feel, including newly designed membership cards and packages.
    • A brand new website with intuitive navigation, an improved dashboard for tracking your status, details on your privileges & exclusive partner offers, and a system to customize your Select Privileges.

9. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, that was not a very exciting email. I don't see anything new there, except for the "brand new website", and will have to see what that really means in practice.

10. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got mine yesterday, too. What I found interesting was the statement that I had qualified for status "as of January 10" and they were only finally getting around to letting me know on January 23. I understand why they wouldn't want to send out the e-mail on January 1, but if they know my status on the 10th why wait two weeks?

11. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe it was just stuck in the email

YULtide likes this.
  12. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    ...with the cheque.

13. Picky picky:D It really doesn't make any difference as your new benefits don't kick in until March.1

The Winger likes this.