[Jan 21, 2012] Dinner w/ Capt Flanagan & PDX Station Tour (PDX)

Discussion in 'Meetups' started by Seacarl, Jan 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Dinner w/ Capt Flanagan & PDX Station Tour
PDX
Confirmed Attendees: 0
Posted By: Seacarl
Start Date: Jan 21, 2012 04:00 PM
End Date: Jan 21, 2012 05:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -08:00 PST
  1. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is a thread on the other forum about a meetup in PDX including dinner with Capt. Denny Flanagan (and Capt Molly Flanagan (who I believe is not related but also a star captain) appears to have RSVPd) on Jan 21 and a PDX Station tour on Jan 22. In addition some flyers are planning to travel on Capt. Denny's flights DCA-DEN-PDX on Jan 21 or return with him on Jan 22 PDX-ORD.

The thread is here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/comm...r-w-capt-denny-flanagan-jan-21-22-2012-a.html

Jubileesmom likes this.
  2. opushomes
    Original Member

opushomes Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I am now the author of the aforementioned thread. I assumed organizational leadership for this event on December 30. We presently have 54 confirmed attendees for the dinner on January 21. There are only 65 spots available. Frankly, I have been too busy to spread the word beyond FT and prospective local attendees. The word might better be that I have been swamped. No slight was intended but the attendance has been growing rapidly until yesterday when the deluge finally subsided somewhat.

Frankly the response has been way beyond any expectation and marketing was the last thing on my mind.

Yesterday, the dinner venue and menu was picked, pricing set and invoices sent yesterday and today. The event registration closes on January 14 should anyone be interested. Dinner cost is $45. All details are explained at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/comm...r-w-capt-denny-flanagan-jan-21-22-2012-a.html There are a bunch of people flying on three of his flights. 1Ks, I believe are limited to center E+ seats, but I am sure UA will gladly sell those who want to fly with Capt. Denny seats.

The airport tour has a long list of prospective attendees. It is being organized by UA station personnel as explained in the thread so we are not at the point of being able to provide any definitive information.

As penance, I might wear my MilePoint t-shirt at some time over the weekend.

Seacarl and Jubileesmom like this.
  3. opushomes
    Original Member

opushomes Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you are interested, please visit me on the original thread on FT

Jubileesmom likes this.
  4. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lol, hey YOU. I have copy right on that photo op. lolol:D

5. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice kitteh, by the way:D

6. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really really wish I could have come too but, I'm doing too much else already planned before hand. And well, this time of year? hawaii wins out;)

7. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Our cocker spaniel does the same thing in my rollaboard

Jubileesmom likes this.
  8. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    A dog? Oh my gooness:D It's sweet. I guess they just don't want us to go away;) I know my Kiki doesn't really want to come with.

9. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    He wants to come along!

Jubileesmom likes this.
  10. opushomes
    Original Member

opushomes Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is Milo. He passed away in May while we were in Australia. He was photographed here helping me pack for the trip which resulted in the trip report "Bags Misadventure" http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/950151-bag-s-misadventure.html He survived a renal sarcoma with the resultant chemotherapy and lived a full life for almost 11 years. Now his older sibling (13 y.o. Cruise) has two new youngsters, Max and Bella.to torment him. Max reminds us somewhat of Milo with the same adventurist spirit. He a sleek guy who is about 1.

His little sister, Bella, started out as a three pound ball of fluff when we got her at Thanksgiving. She is supposedly 9 months and now is pushing 15 pounds. She is a scaredy cat who moves at the speed of light, eats like a vacuum cleaner and chirps rather than vocalizing meow. She is nicknamed "Pig Pen" because she is an unkempt mess.

We are happy to have them. They were a deal hard to pass up. Adopt one at 1/2 price and get one free. Now our family including their human mom and dad totals five.

Please if you can,give orphan animals a good home.

11. opushomes
    Original Member

opushomes Silver Member

Status Points:
    The airport tour is closed to new registrants. We have a couple of openings left for dinner. Seacarl and his spouse have rsvp'ed and are registered. We have approximately 60 people at the dinner. 17 are on the flight from DEN-PDX.