JAL uploads official 787-8 seat map

Discussion in 'JAL | Mileage Bank' started by JALPak, Apr 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Based on the type of fare for my upcoming flight, I wasn't allowed to select a seat until 72 hours out. I did so yesterday, without much information about which seats were good or bad.

There weren't many choices left. I selected 10G on the way out and 1G on the way back, so I'll be able to report on those upon my return. Only other seats available were near the lavs.

Sean Colahan likes this.
  3. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    you probably won't have much meal choice left at 10G. I personally would prefer row 1 but that's just me because I want a smaller but closer screen so I can watch movies without my glasses on :p

4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    On the outbound leg the only other choice was 7G. Good point about the meal selection. I'll pop on and change to 7G. I sleep like a rock on planes, so shouldn't be disturbed by people in the lav anyway.

5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    7H is the only other seat available now. Any experience with the NEO seat and how easy it will be for someone to climb over my semi-comatose body?

6. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    shouldn't have problem at bulkhead although the NEO are wider on 787. But bear in mind most of the improvements of the NEO seats over the previous generation Shell Flat are on the back on the seat. You probably won't be disturbed by the lav even when you are awake. There's L2 in front of you then the lav. You are quite far away from it. People will most likely wait at the mini-bar near the lav anyway

7. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Jalpak is your thinking still that the bulkhead seats are the way to go seat selection wise?

Pizzaman, do report back on your travels and seat experience.

8. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    depends on what you want. Pizzaman likes the non-bulkhead seats more but 7G and 10G were his only choices and he went for better food selection

9. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad to have found this thread. I'm in Business Class going between Tokyo and Singapore soon, and was trying to sort out which is the best seat in the cabin. (HND-SIN outbound, SIN-NRT return, both red-eyes). I'm holidng a window seat in row 7 (A outbound, K return) but can change if needed.

Seat Guru "green's" row 7, for the extra room at the bulkhead.
    Seat Expert "yellow's" row 7, likely as an automatic rating for any seat near a bulkhead due to alleged noise.

10. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I sat in row 7 and had no issues with noise or disruption whatsoever. If you're sitting in the back section of Business class, this is the best row IMO. Plenty of room to get out from the window seat.