JAL Premium Economy review

Discussion in 'JAL | Mileage Bank' started by Simon, May 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    PY is offerred on selected routes and sometimes not sold to public as a PY product but the plane is still configed with them and selectable to jal elites anytime but OW emerald members can request on check in to be allocated a PY seat which is what I did. Whilst in my case I didn't receive the PY service and amenities...... Who cares as it's the seat which makes all the difference. FYI i was flying on the haneda to hong kong route.

The seat is somewhat bigger than Y seat and perfect size for anyone over 6 foot. I'm not a big fan of the shell with the sliding down recline(probably more specific word for this). I only noticed the reading light when I was leaving. Power source and foot rest are nice but the extra leg room makes this totally worth it especially if it's just a mere 10k miles to upgrade. I am sure the extra amenities and service make it even more worth it. Highly recommended!

I'll upload some photos when I get back to a computer.

KIXman likes this.
  2. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you take pictures of the legroom?

3. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Yes. Just for you.

4. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    So nice of you :eek: try stretch your legs fully out on your way back to HKG :p

5. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Flights are also so full so I hope I get lucky and if I do, I'll photo for you.

6. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good luck then. C is kind of full on my HND-HKG flight too. This is what happen when you combine 2 flights into 1 :p I was going to downgrade myself back to Y but then only middle seats are available in PY section. I can get the blocked PY seats at the airport but I don't want to risk it so I just stay in C