Jaipur Rambagh Palace (Taj)

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by TRAVELSIG, Sep 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I almost didn't stay at this hotel for a very silly reason- it had "too good to be true" reports on Tripadvisor.

When a hotel has too good to be true reports it usually ends up being a nightmare however in this case they actually were true.

The hotel is a former palace. Unlike some other palaces I have seen- Jaipur knew how to do up a palace in style and Taj hotels has certainly kept it that way. I was also worried it would be very tacky. It is not- apart from the one jarring hallway it is gorgeous and tasteful.

The conceirge had arranged for a hotel car to pick me up from the train station which is a good idea as with many train stations in India there are a lot of interesting characters lingering around and my train arrived at 23:30. Thankfully there were two smiling hotel representatives waiting to assist with luggage and introduce us to the city and the hotel.

Arrival is quite impressive- after very extensive security checks you enter into another world altogether. In room checkin was provided as well as a welcome bottle of wine and some very nice chocolates. The suite was large and in very good shape with a pleasant view of the courtyard.

Service was close to perfect. I say close to perfect as there was a small hiccup at checkout however it was very quickly fixed. The restaurant is one of the best for food quality I have eaten at (this is referring to the Indian restaurant) and the real gold cutlerly, plates, and cups are quite over the top. Excellent wine list and service here as well. Breakfast on the outdoor terrace was also wonderful. The drinks at the Polo lounge were perfectly mixed.

The hotel has both indoor and outdoor pools as well as a Spa (I didn't have time to use the spa however it did look nice- the pool was clean although the jacuzzi looked a bit nasty with some strange bugs in it). In addition they have some old classic cars which they will drive you around in- kind of a neat touch.

The conceirge responded quickly to requests by email and arranged all that I asked them to.

The Rambagh Palace is certainly not the least expensive hotel in Jaipur- however it is definitely the very best. I would happily return here and recommend a visit if you are planning to be in that area of India.

2. kbastas

kbastas Member

Status Points:
    I am happy to hear such a positive report!
    I have my clients staying there for a few evenings in November-- I am sure that they will LOVE it!

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am sure they will as well.

Definitely suggest to them to have dinner at the more formal restaurant- it is gorgeous and has amazing food and service.