J seating discussion on A380

Discussion in 'Emirates | Skywards' started by roslyn, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. roslyn

roslyn Active Member

Status Points:
    I usually travel in F but got a pretty reasonable deal the other week in J on A380 so decided to check it out.
    My friend suggested I book the 2 seats in the middle seated together.
    In my opinion unless you are glued to your partner bad choice.
    everyone including the FA jump into the little space next to the seat constantly and also when turning during sleep it does disturb the other person.
    I would never take these seats again
    If travelling with someone I would either take a window and opposite( well staggered but opposite) isle or each middle isle seat and just join each other at the bar oif needing to talk.

2. eightblack
    Original Member

eightblack Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would agree with you. General consensus is that 23A or K are the best seats in J on the A380. I dont have a problem being that close to the bar (and I've sat in 7A as well). I would only sit in the middle under sufferance (ie if I was travelling with kids or SWMBO) and I try and avoid this for the most part!

3. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The one time I got to fly C in EK A380 (CO Reward travel), sat in 7K. totally loved it! (DXB-JFK). Of course, C cabin was really empty (17 pax total) that day!! So, it was a great time.

4. ark
    Original Member

ark Silver Member

Status Points:
    If one selects a window seat because they want to look out the window, they need to select rows 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 20, 23, or 25. The window seats in the remaining rows aren't next to the window -- they are offset by the personal mini bar.

5. The times that I have travelled in the A380 legroom was nice. It ia true if you want to see anything outside you must be infront of the wings or right at the back.Which someone can solve the arrival plan at customs it seems if customs cannot manage such a volume of people at the same time.

6. CGK
    Original Member

CGK Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently sat in 9K and 11K in the forward part of the main cabin and was quite happy. I prefer the A & K seats to the aisle or center seats for the same reasons as the OP. 23A & K are nice also, but I prefer not to be so close to the bar. If the bar doesn't bother you, however, 23A & K are great.