J.D. Power recognizes travel providers as customer service champs

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by rwoman, Mar 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    LA Times: J.D. Power recognizes travel providers as customer service champs

I think one of us posted about the airlines not too long ago...

:)

sobore and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not so sure about the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company! Regarding our stay at the hotel Arts, managed by Ritz-Carlton in Barcelona a few month ago, eg. I remember clearly that they have shown us an unmade room, we had to wait for over an hour plus they " lost " our luggage which was brought to our room after calling them at least 3, 4 times and even with this, they needed over two hours to deliver our luggage! They charge for Nespresso capsules, never seen this before in any hotel we stayed plus they do not provide the best service IMHO. The employees seem clueless even about their own hotel eg. we wanted to buy some polo shirts, which were advertised in our room in a brochure, only to be told the hotel does not offer them and does not have a " RC " gift shop anymore, despite this being a RC brand standard!:eek: The hotel rooms need also a renovation urgently!

Poor value for the money paid! Since then, we're are much cooler towards the RC experience! [ So much so that we do not concentrate anymore on them incl. Marriott Rewards, they do simply not add up IMHO! ]

Of course, this was our experience at a particular Ritz-Carlton hotel, but what about worldwide standards, what about their fabled hospitality, surely there must be more to it???:oops:

rwoman and sobore like this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting to see Hampton in that list. I have to say in my limited Hampton stays I never did have any CS type issues.
    I have noticed that Hampton pricing tends to be a bit higher than others in its class, but that seems to be paying off in a better product.

rwoman and uggboy like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least they understand what they do and offer eg. unlike RC does IMHO!:)

rwoman likes this.