ITunes Store(s) - geographical issues

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by Gaucho, May 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok... so today I find out that there are country specific ITunes stores. My ITunes ID is linked to the Argentine ITunes store, and Im wanting to get an App that is sold in the US store. The system will not let me purchase the app from the US store using my ID that is linked to the Argentine store......

Whats up with this idiotic red tape from Apple...???

:mad:

2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Im thinking to create another Apple ID... but am not sure I can create a US store valid ID unless I use a US based credit card and have a US billing address, or...?

In other words, can I have a non US billing address and still apply for a US ITunes Store valid ID...?

Thanks,
    Alex

3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ive been Googling and it seems that ITunes does an IP check so maybe I cant set up an account for the US store while Im in Argentina, regardless of the billing address issue....?

4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    As an alternative.... can someone gift me this app in some way...? I have friends in the USA that could purchase the app but I cant see how they would then transfer the app to me so I could use it...???

Cant believe all this crap for trying to get a free APP...???!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

5. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it is based at least in part by the country your account was set up in. Web though I am in Hungary, I always connect to the USA store. That's nice, until I wan the bank app from my local bank and can't download it.

If you find a solution, I'm very interested.

6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Found a solution... just switch to the US store, and select NONE as method of payment. It will then let you switch. Worked for me.