It's XXX Appreciation Week.....

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by sophiegirl, Jun 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Checked into the Ft Worth Ren this week and along with key card was a welcoming letter from the GM stating it was " XXX (company name) Appreciation Week", with all XXXX employees receiving special recognition/gifts at all Marriott properties that were designated corporate locations.

My "gift" was a quite nice business card sized specialty chocolate bar with our company logo printed upon it, left as a pillow treat the first night of my stay.

Has your company ever been selected...and what did you receive?

2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had one client which had 2 "company" floors of a large hotel. Apparently they were furnished according to the deisgn/requests of the company which paid a yearly contract rate for both floors. It was quite a good arrangement actually.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I once stayed on a company floor at another chain. Because it was all business travelers, the floor was nice and quiet but AFAIK the rooms were identical to the ones on floors for the hotel's own elites.

4. RV03

RV03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    At a couple of stays at another chain, I received two drink certs each time I checked in and was told that it was due to using my employer's code - not exactly an identified appreciation week, but nice surprise at check-in nonetheless!

5. nelsoji
    Original Member

nelsoji Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got a bottle of champagne and strawberries a few years ago. Was awkward having a romantic meal for one. At least give me a movie as well!!!