"It's all Jeff'ed up!"

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by NoFlyY, Mar 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. NoFlyY

NoFlyY Active Member

Status Points:
  2. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it is so bad why don't they go work for another United where cleaning the crap is job #1? (grins)

It can ALWAYS be worse, look on the positives and not the negatives.

Higher ticket prices, higher pay, less competition, the employees should be cheering this on.

[​IMG]

Then again, there is a crapper waiting for someone to clean it now.

3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    (I added the bolding to this quote from the article)

From my personal perspective, UA/CO has clearly shown me that they don't care (MM cuts, & recent indefensibly poor customer service & treatment to me on a recent flight) I'll still fly them now & then as I have to burn the miles I have.

In terms of spending my $, I haven't yet (& don't intend to) spend any more $ on UA/CO flights.

It is all Jeff'ed up, Smisek sucks.

4. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    Higher ticket prices don't necessarily lead to higher pay. In fact, consolidation in the industry means that many positions are now "redundant" and employees lose their leverage for any pay increase (or to resist pay cuts, or even be laid off).

5. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm just bummed that they chose to take the Continental FF#s over the United ones.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  6. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm happy with the new United. I like the CPUs over the 500-mile upgrades, the coffee has improved, and I like the BF product. Plus, as an old United flier, I get a new, better, website come Sunday.

DCA1K likes this.
  7. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    OT: Edward Tufte saw this chart from the article and smacked his forehead. What the h-ll is this, and who is stupid enough to put their stamp of approval on it?

blech.png

8. Minnesota Bruin
    Original Member

Minnesota Bruin Silver Member

Status Points:
  9. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    73% is a C in my book. Delta and below all got Fs.

chaz4449 likes this.
  10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depends on the range in which one can score. Statiistics are fun that way.

rizwank, meFIRST, mowogo and 2 others like this.
  11. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Judging their performance during a merger of this magnitude might not serve passengers or airline well. I'm going to give them at least until the end of the year to see how the dust settles.

That said, times such as these are when great companies can truly rise above the pack and average ones (or less) can be doomed. Let's hope that Smisek's apparent ego will motivate him to be among the former. I have been thrilled with CO's performance prior to the merge, but like most consumers I always ask, "What have you done for me lately?"

ssullivan likes this.
  12. Minnesota Bruin
    Original Member

Minnesota Bruin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep. I've been in physics classes where 40% is a "B" and 53% and higher would certainly qualify as an "A"....

mrredskin, Scottrick and mht_flyer like this.
  13. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    My students never liked me. I was a strong believer in the power of a curve. If anyone hits 100%, I've failed as a teacher to measure their capacity to learn.

Minnesota Bruin likes this.
  14. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I supposed when something is "All Jeffed up" it means that it has been f*ed up twice over, and that the sky is gonna fall. However, I am not sure one can reach this conclusion based on the blog that was linked to. Up to today, I did not feel that the "Jeffing up" of the merged company had any effect on anything that I cared about. In fact, I had the distinct sense that Jeff & Co might have been trying to structure the FF program in a way that would combine the best of the preexisting programs...

I, for one, am willing to wait for a while before I pass judgment on what the "Jeffing up" of UACO really means...

Cheers from PRG!

15. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    There's no doubt that Continental is a good airline and is admired by many, they have some good things United has some.

But what Continental doesn't have and has never had, is to have frontline employees that has the ability to make things right and help out when something goes wrong. I flew my share of Continental right before they joined Star and because of my high travel volume, I had 5 really bad experiences as their top tier in 18 months and was treated like garbage in a way I would never have been treated on United.

United has always been good to me when they screw up and when I need a little help. Continental has screwed me worse than any other airline. I just hope that the Continental (now United) management will give the frontline employees the empowerment to make good customer service decisions.

Besides that, I know the folks at the new United fairly well. They are smart and competent people and IMHO, they have done a great job to get through a very difficult merger.

Blue Skye and karung99 like this.
  16. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bold are mine... I have been very satisfy till CO take over of UA.
    Bring back our UA please!!!!

17. johnmontfx

johnmontfx Active Member

Status Points:
    I agree 100% -- it is way too early to tell (I mean the last several months, not today's switchover). If someone is Silver this year, I can see the immediate need to look at alternatives. But otherwise, I simply don't get the panic displayed here and on FT about the situation.

Been 1K long enough, so I'm gonna give it the year and see how I feel in December. And even then, since I'll be 1K for 2013...I'll still be on United for a chunk of flights next year, even if I do switch to AA (which is the logical alternative at my ORD hub).

18. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    To be honest I flew today as a revenue customer on an award ticket ORD-MTJ-DEN-CID and yes there are growing pains and a learning curve to start with but the whole hoopola about how badly this would go has been ridiculous (with the exception of maybe IAD/EWR running slow).

19. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that is more of a function of the poor weather yesterday in ORD, so a lot more passengers were having to be accommodated at the last minute in the transition.