Itinerary Planner | Hotel Shares, Arrivals and Departures

Discussion in 'SMD6 (Star MegaDO #6)' started by Randy Petersen, Feb 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Please use this thread to post hotel room shares, and individual arrival and departure info.

2. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am looking for someone for a fake room share in London! I have a perfectly acceptable house in Chelsea so I don't need a hotel room. Assuming that I need to be a registered guest for all 3 nights in a Carlson hotel to get Concierge status, I am happy to pay someone £20 towards their London The Mayfair or Park Plaza room if they book for 2 people and name me as the 2nd guest. Don't worry, I won't be knocking on the door at 3am demanding to be let in :)

iolaire likes this.
  3. ceteori

ceteori Active Member

Status Points:
    Looking for a roommate for both hotels (Radisson Blu from 10-12; London from 12-13) . Preferably somebody that snores softer than I do, but I'll work with you based on status.

I'm landing in ARN on Saturday around noon so I'll be there a bit early. If anybody wants to meet up for food or drinks Saturday night, let me know.

4. mega78

mega78 Active Member

Status Points:
    Looking for roommate for Stockholm 10-12May

5. Glenn Dunseth

Glenn Dunseth New Member

Status Points:
    Hi. Yes, why not share? 10-12 in Stockholm and 12-13 Bloomsbury in London. Mail me, gdunseth att online.no

6. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a twin-bedded room at the Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth in London for one night, on May 12. The Kenilworth is one block from the Bloomsbury Street event hotel. I can offer a bed to a quiet sleeper for 100 GBP including taxes, less than half the room rate, which should get you Concierge status if you're also staying at the Arlandia in Stockholm. Note that the Bloomsbury Street hotel has no twins remaining.

Please PM me if interested.

7. Glenn Dunseth

Glenn Dunseth New Member

Status Points:
    Hi. I have tried to send You a PM... Did You get it? I am interested.
    Glenn, a quiet flying doctor from Norway :)

8. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great, I got it. Will reply shortly.

9. gatise

gatise Active Member

Status Points:
    I also have a twin-bedded room at the Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth in London for one night, on May 12 (one block from the Bloomsbury Street event hotel). I can offer a bed for 115 GBP including taxes. Gatis

10. Cochiti

Cochiti Silver Member

Status Points:
    If anyone would like to share a cab from London Victoria to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, please PM me. I will have to wait for a checked bag before leaving LGW.

11. asya999

asya999 Silver Member

Status Points:
    *EDIT* looks like I'm all set! Thanks everyone!

Anyone need a roommate in ARN at the Radisson Blu? I'm arriving Sunday the 10th and leaving same time as the rest of you :)

Would prefer to room with woman, but not strictly required.

PM or email me at my handle at gmail.com

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  12. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Woohoo - at the airport now on my way to SMD6.

Pat89339, haakonks, Pat+ and 3 others like this.
  13. ParanoiaTX
    Original Member

ParanoiaTX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm in-flight AUS-IAD to catch my flight across the pond.

Sadly it seems that even GPUs are useless to me as a 1K as I'm likely riding in the back since UA managed to oversell J. :mad:

14. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since it looks like you are going through FRA, and with F booked 0 - UA can afford to overbook J.
    Looks like you still have a chance - just two non-rev'ers on both F and J list.

Going via LHR later tonight - empty seats in J - so hoping they do not get filled with non-rev'ers.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  15. ParanoiaTX
    Original Member

ParanoiaTX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm on the early IAD-FRA. It's F2J0, with J oversold by 6. I'm betting the 2 remaining F seats will go the the 2 non-revs and no further upgrades will clear.

16. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    But it is only F2 because J is oversold. Check UA status - F is booked 0, and 2 non-rev'ers on the list. I say you will make it. They will move people to F.

United Global First® Upgrade Standby List:
    United Global First®: 8 | Booked: 0 | Checked In: 0
    Customers Upgraded to United Global First®: United Global First® Upgrade Standby List *
    NAME
    1. SCR, J.
    2. ATK, L.

But I guess J is really booked 46 (can't show more than 40) - so those 6 seats go to the overbooking.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  17. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone flying through LHR Saturday - mid day?

kiwi likes this.
  18. ParanoiaTX
    Original Member

ParanoiaTX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes it's booked to 46 as confirmed by the UC. F has 6 blocked and they op-uped those 6 from J. And 2 non-revs cleared directly into F, as expected. Not a single upgrade cleared. At least one GS is in the back with me. 1K continues to prove itself to be useless if even GS can't clear.

19. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    At IAD now. And I noticed that there was one F seat that went out empty. So UA won't move a J passenger into F, so that at least one upgrade clears. Plus - give the non-rev F, and not clear any upgrades to J (which aren't free - higher W +GPU or big copay with miles.). UA would have gotten more revenue to have a miles + copay upgraded.

The non-rev's could have been put on a later flight - say my flight to LHR at 10pm which has lots of empty J seats. Glad I am flying AA (in general, not now - on UA today). I am just using up miles on UA. At least I have access to the LH Senator's lounge - typing from there.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  20. asya999

asya999 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As *A gold we still have to be flying on *A to access *A lounge, right? (I expect I will be in OW lounges but just curious, since you said you're flying AA)

21. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dunno. What day is it today? (Passing through LHR today.)

22. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am currently at the UA Club at LHR now 12:00pm London time. Departing on SAS at 2pm.

Headed over to Singapore and Air Canada lounges. Was in LH lounge but no showers. But I believe SAS mostly leaves from A section of terminal 2. Longggggggggggggggg walk.

kiwi likes this.
  23. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    I fly AA now - but today I am using Miles on UA. Touring Term 2 now. Yes need to be flying *A to use *A lounges. However, I have a UA Club membership - so that gets me in UA Club no matter.

24. ceteori

ceteori Active Member

Status Points:
    Anybody in Stockholm yet that wants to grab a drink tonight?

25. alanro

alanro Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is anybody crossing the pond from ORD today? I'll be flying ORD-LHR departing 3:55 this afternoon.