Itineraries and information

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Mar 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I notice that now my reservations on the UA web site show the Award Miles, PQM, PQS and PQD for all UA flights, except those that have a segment with a *A partner, anyone know why those do not have the information listed on the reservation?

2. edcho

edcho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Keep in mind that the PQD information is buggy right now. UA is trying to fix it.

Listing *A partner info is much more complex (as some partners earn RDMs only, PQMs based of fare class, etc). I don't see this happening anytime soon (atleast not until they launch the new website).

For now, you will have to refer to the partner pages and do everything by hand.

IDGflygirl and Dublin_rfk like this.
  3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So much for technology. :)

Dublin_rfk likes this.
  4. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    They added this a week or two ago. And emailed tickets are now showing this information as well. Sadly even that information is entirely incorrect and doesn't even match the wrong information on the website.

For example...booked a UA ticket today that is codeshared on AC and 4U. SEA-YVR showing as "0" earnings in "V" class in the email but the website correctly shows 500 PQM and some PQD associated with that segment. The biggest issue right now is the international surcharge is not correctly being calculated as part of the airfare that earns award miles so the website (and emails) are grossly underestimating the number of award miles that will be earned on each ticket. According to UA who post OTOB this doesn't affect actual earnings and the international surcharge is correctly being calculated during flight posting.

-Rob

5. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It just makes me want to scream!!!!:D Perhaps UA should hire some brand new techies just out of college to get things to work correctly the first time rather than the hit and miss that they seem only to be able to do.

6. edcho

edcho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think hiring junior programmers is actually part of their problem. They aren't working with stuff that they learned in college rather with stuff that their grandpa programmed... And those who know the system are dying off (unfortunately).

TravelerRob likes this.
  7. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That may be part of the problem, your right, but then again there are whiz kids out there who could do the job, but I guess one of the problems is that the airline may not be willing to pay the price to get it right. I know that if I owned a business things would be done the proper and correct way the first time and all the time, how else does one earn the loyalty and trust of prospective clients. I guess with UA it's giving loyalty points which are not worth much any more.

8. edcho

edcho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well investing in IT is a industry wide problem.... not just UA.