Itemized statement of charges

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by mrsmortis, Dec 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. mrsmortis
    Original Member

mrsmortis Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

Have any of you had any experience with getting additional paperwork out of Hertz? I am in the UK and at the end of November my windscreen chipped on the way to return my rental. I am insured on my credit cards so I happily paid the charge for replacing the windscreen. However, in order to claim the cost via my insurance I need an itemized statement of charges. When I called Hertz to request them I was told the SLA was 10 days. I called back yesterday after 14 days to be told that they had my request but they didn't have an SLA and they would process my request when they got to it. But they have no idea how long that is going to be.

Have any of you had a similar experience with Hertz? How long did it take for you to get the paperwork? Is there anything I can do to speed them up? It's not a small amount of money for me to have outstanding...

Roz.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can you call your crredit card and have then deal with this?

You may need to put in the claim even without the paperwork to avoid missing any deadlines.

traveltoomuch likes this.
  3. mrsmortis
    Original Member

mrsmortis Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've already made the claim. But they can't process it without this paperwork...

4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently had the two worst experiences of my entire life with Hertz in Europe one I can write off as a one off, but two similar screw-ups indicates that there is a systemic problem.
    Contacting the Hertz office in US is a waste of time because they don't care and either through incompetence or just plain sloppiness they will lie to you just to get rid of you.

Matter now being handled through Diners club.

5. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dispute what exactly? The OP is trying to use the credit card-provided insurance to pay for damages.

7. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dispute the charge for replacing the windscreen. And be upfront - say all you're seeking is a copy of the documentation ("proof of loss", receipt, whatever docs you need). If Hertz responds with the docs, great. Pay the charge, send the docs to the credit card's insurance carrier, and get your money back. If Hertz doesn't respond to the dispute, you likely win by default.

8. mrsmortis
    Original Member

mrsmortis Silver Member

Status Points:
    As an update after multiple phone calls I finally got the paperwork 6 weeks after I initially requested it. In contrast my insurance claim was assessed and settled within a week of me submitting the documents to them.

In the end I did tell Hertz that I was going to dispute the payment if I didn't get the paperwork in a timely manner. Suprisingly it only took them 48 hours from that point.

9. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lucky for you its almost four months and my dispute has not been resolved. I do not say this lightly but I am convinced Hertz in Italy are fraudulently overcharging customers bearing in mind that they now they already have your credit card information and renters as in my case often have flights they need to catch and therefore have limited time to argue their point at location.
    I must say the posture of Diners Club to date is not encouraging.

I spoke to someone at Hertz NA who asked me e-mail/fax in information but haven't heard squat from them.