Italy trip reports

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Gargoyle, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Over the next few weeks I'm going to be posting some articles on various places, mainly in Italy, in the Destination/World/Europe section. I'll put links in this post to help people find them.

Orvieto is the first one.

Also, I have a report on the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. in the Destination/US/Washington section.

violist and ChgoBob like this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've started some visual travelogue threads in the Destination Travel section of this site, a place to share our photos of some of the magnificent places whe have seen. I've done this in Destination Travel and not in trip reports for a reason; please don't think I'm dissing Trip Reports. People will come to this site researching future trips or reminiscing about past travels; some will be trying to decide where to go next. Destination Travel seems the logical place for them to look, and so it's a wonderful place for us to tickle their eyes and share our visual experience. You'll see the first three, Venice, Prague, and Lucca, Italy, under Destination | The World. I think you'll agree these serve a differnt function than do the trip reports.

I've set up a very simple format, and I hope you'll create similar threads for your favorite cities. For clarity and to make these stand out, follow the title format, "(City name)- share your photos of this (choose appropriate adjective) city". Then just give a very brief paragraph telling us what is special about the city, post four or six of your favorite shots, and invite the rest of the MilePoint photographers to follow your lead.

You'll see the first three examples here:
    Venice- share your photos of the floating city
    Prague- share your photos of this magnificent city
    Lucca, Italy- Share your photos of the city of 100 churches

Also, I know you have better photos than what I posted of these cities, so please add those to my threads.

3. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    You haven't seen how badly I take pictures. There is a reason for no pics in my trip reports.

Gargoyle likes this.