Italy Luxury Hotels

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by AdamEfimoff, Mar 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. I am starting this page so people can talk about Italy which is a hot country at the moment

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, we've been to Italy incl. Milan, we stayed there at the Park Hyatt Milano x2, plus Florence incl. the Hotel Gallery Art x1 so far. Pretty limited. The St. Regis Florence we've visited for drinks, a beautiful hotel too, plus the FS Milano, we've visited for lunch in their lobby, yes, it's a gorgeous hotel. :)

4. bobdelon

bobdelon Member

Status Points:
    plan to visit Milan, Como,Venice and Florence next month. don't know if 7 days are enough for me

uggboy likes this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    IMHO, 7 days sounds tight, especially when so many diverese cities/regions are involved, I would plan from 10nights/11days in this regards.

bobdelon likes this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depends on what the OP is looking for, since this is the luxury forum, posters here usually looking for luxury hotels.

7. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    The high end stuff is supposed to be up near Portofino. Where I've never been. Of course Milano etc.

I visited Manarola, Vernazza, RioMaggiore, etc., ... Florence, and took the train down to Rome for the day. Cinque Terra are fun. And Florence is of course beautiful.

But as far as I know the higher end properties besides the ones in Milano etc are supposed to be over that area.

Very successful using points for a SPG property just outside of Florence ( all the hotels in Florence have sky high rates) but other than that Italy was pretty much a points and miles black hole.

The small towns down near Siena ( Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino) are a lot of fun but you'll be driving etc and staying in a private room etc ( no points and miles stuff) Just make sure you have a CC that works in Europe and a Tim card because there's often nobody at the gas stations as far as attendants at all. And you're going to need your own maps.

If I went back I'd probably do Portofino but if I were to go back most likely I'd head towards the South of France or the Rheinland.

uggboy likes this.
  8. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thoughts on Italy.

Fun, Friendly, Great Coffee. Have a great Autumn.

uggboy likes this.