It looks like it's happening again.

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by mayaman, Oct 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mayaman

mayaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like American is grounding more of it's 757's due to the seat issues. My company is refusing to have me fly them for the rest of the year, which will leave me short on retaining PLT, oh well I guess I will have to do a trip. It has to do more with finances. If I get stuck somewhere, then they pick up the tab for hotel and additional per diem, which I can understand they don't want to do, if flying on another airline will get me home.

http://news.yahoo.com/american-grounds-757s-second-time-213345953--abc-news-topstories.html

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    marcwint55 likes this.
  3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Seat repairs are just part of the issue at AA. The vast majority of delays / cancellations are due to other reasons.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    PILOTS

iterfacio12 likes this.
  5. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now if the pilots would get past their hissy fit and get back to "normal" on time rates then things might get to semi normal. Between the pilots and seat issues seams like AA has shot themselves in both feet the last couple weeks.

6. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    One must wonder what these gentlemen (the pilots) think will wind up occurring if they continue this wildly unprofessional behavior. If AA goes belly up, or winds up with the possible merger, do they really think they'll somehow magically benefit. I really find unions (generally) to be specifically designed to make things worse.

7. FlyerChrisK

FlyerChrisK Silver Member

Status Points:
    US offered the pilots union a more favorable contract than current AA management. Given that AA successfully got permission from the court to modify the terms of their contracts with the pilots union, they presumably think their fate is better with a US takeover than AA's current management.

...whether that's actually true is another question altogether.