IT deficiencies

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by igloocoder, Jun 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today was the first time that I've tried to do an online checkin and boarding pass with AC (or anyone else for that matter). Being the avant garde, bohemian type that I am, I have a WP7 device. Wouldn't you know the mobile.aircanada.com checkin doesn't fully support the device. I can get my mobile boarding pass emailed to me, but the link that is sent says that the mobile device isn't supported.

I figured we might want to start a list of the IT related deficiencies that we encounter with AC and AP. Here are mine:
    1) No WP7 app (AC)
    2) No support for mobile boarding passes on WP7 (AC)
    3) Poor reward search (AP)
    4) blanking my browser saved password on logon (AP and AC)

I'm sure there are more that many of you have encountered so, please, do tell....

2. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the WP7 issue is just a pure ROI call. The phones have a small user base so why put energy into them when there are higher priorities...

My take on the AP search issue is more a feature than a bug ;)

3. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm willing to buy that for the WP7 app, but I will not buy it for the mobile boarding pass stuff. If AC would open up the APIs for me to code against all of my problems (in this area) would go away.

bakedpatato likes this.
  4. bakedpatato
    Original Member

bakedpatato Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pipe dreams sir ;) I bet they would be really embarrassed to show their APIs to just anyone :D

5. 2MM_Guy
    Original Member

2MM_Guy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The AP/AC multi-box AP number entry drives me crazy!

6. The AC ecert app is fantastic. It works on any device I've used........PC,BB,BB PLAYBOOK, ANDROID, APPLE

The AC pass app works extremely well.

The AC mobile checkin works very well on all my devices.

Suffice it to say that thye have come a long way from where they were when they began their IBM contract. IT apps and system functionality have improved dramatically since then. Nothing is perfect but AC has very funcvtional apps and systems today.