Issues with combining UR points

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Singapore Flyer, Feb 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a business account and a personal account with Chase along with their respective credit cards. I have been having issues with combining UR points under the earn faster tab. No one at Chase has been helpful and it is downright frustrating. I think I may have figured out why this is the case and will ask them about it, but has anyone had a similar issue? I think it may have to do with having combined business/personal accounts under chase.com. I'll find out more and will report.

Chase CSR were top notch until this fiasco.

deant likes this.
  2. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    You were able to combine your personal login and business login at chase.com? I wasn't able to and I thought that most weren't either. Still, I've never encountered problems combining UR points between the 2 aforementioned accounts or any other UR accounts, for that matter. Weird...

deant likes this.
  3. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't done it, but was told you have to combine accounts from the business account login. I think I even saw the option somewhere, but ignored it since I wasn't going to do it.

YULtide and deant like this.
  4. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    I actually asked them if there was a way to see both accounts through my personal originally (about 4 months ago) and they said it couldn't be done, but i could combine them through my business account. I thought, cool, but now that I can't utilize all the functions, not so cool. I am still able to receive points since they were manually combined between my Ink Bold and Sapphire, but they gave me some story that it isn't part of the T&C and were sure it was even going to work. It did, but it does make me think about how flexible this really is and if they will down the road start limiting UR. Doubt it, but just a paranoid thought.

deant likes this.
  5. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    On the phone with Chase CSR, this is the second person and she was adamant that you can not combine Ink Bold UR with Sapphire UR points (even though they manually combined them earlier this week) because they are different award programs. They only way is to send them to an airline or hotel program from both to top up. Her reasoning is that Freedom and Sapphire use the same exact shopping/rewards portal minus the ability to transfer to hotel/airline programs

deant likes this.
  6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I have also had the exact same problem. However right now I only have a few points in my Ink Bold account so I am not worried about it.

7. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    It is back to normal. I separated the accounts again but as they said I can't combine or send UR points on ink bold. This should be interesting when I sign up for the new bold.

8. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    So you were able to combine accounts, but that didn't help you with your end goal, so you have them made separate again. Is that right? Was there a specific reason you wanted to combine the UR points from the Ink Bold and the Sapphire Preferred? I'm guessing for simplified record keeping, but just wondering if there was another reason.

It should be quite interesting to see what happens when you get the new Ink Bold. ;)

YULtide likes this.
  9. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I could not combine personal and business accounts under one login either :(

10. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had difficulties transferring UR points from Bold account to Sapphire online, but a call to Bold CS solved that problem :)

Singapore Flyer likes this.
  11. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    Exactly, I will be getting the new Ink Bold and the end of the year just because now. :) Have to wait until I finish my new AmEx golds spend limits.

It was for record keeping sake and ease to view within Award Wallet and whenever I logged into my Sapphire account, I wanted to see and maybe try for a bigger annual dividend ;) (I have another story on that too). So when I went to check, I noticed the error. I also remember reading in another thread about some issues. I had seen errors before, but this was for a few days so I called them and a strange path down this road ensued.

mommypoints likes this.
  12. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    Well, it could but I wouldn't recommend it now that it locks out the function on the Sapphire. But this also means that I completely missed the T&C or the Ink Bold unless they recently changed the ability to combine UR points under this account.

13. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    :)sort of silly.

14. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    If you get more or a new bold, then you'll know how not to proceed, or at least proceed with caution lest you have my same angst.

15. norge
    Original Member

norge Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have one online acct. with Chase and it's a business acct. (my name and DBA as xxxxx). I have my Ink Bold in it with 3 personal cards. I just got my 50K Ink Bold UR pts. and combined them with my Sapphire Preferred quite easily.

16. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    Nice. Not sure why I have issues but still can't with out chase manually performing it.