Israel

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by KyRoamer, Jun 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tied for first in my loans is Israel at 19.4%. All loans have been to Israeli Arabs since pre-June there had been no Israeli Jews seeking loans. The field partner advised me of an Israeli Jew but by the time I looked it was gone. I have been assured that more such lending opportunities exist.

As a Jew who chooses to support Israel, its economic stability is important to me. This means that both Israeli Arabs and Jews must prosper if there is to be internal peace. I encourage all to join me in making loans to Israelis. Most are posted early in the month and fund fast.

sobore, jbcarioca and Gargoyle like this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have tried to get in some of these, but have always been to so. I do contribute to several charities in israel and Palestine. Save the Children, for example, and SOS have been doing some excellent work, especially in the Hamas controlled areas that have been getting worse and worse places, more so for children. I agree that we shoudl do everything we can to alleviate suffering and cultivate prosperity on all sides. The politics are not within our power, but help to individuals is. Sadly, it seems practically impossible to divorce politics from the economic, health care and educational issues.

3. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gargoyle likes this.