Isn't it time for a dedicated Club Carlson forum?

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Maximizer, Jul 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like an overwhelming number of posts in the Other Hotels are about CC properties. And no wonder, they are getting a lot of attention with the big bonus promotions.

Time to create a dedicated forum? How do we go about it? :)

skyvan, wrxmom, marcwint55 and 4 others like this.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's a mystery to me. Some enticement support from the Club Carlson folks would help, if I understand post #6 in the following thread:

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/answered-club-carlson-wyndham-need-their-own-forums-away-from-other-hotel-programs.17395

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes I do think it is right time for CC to get their own dedicated forum. Easy for subscription too :) Too much threads about CC scattered everywhere :D

5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would love to see a Club Carlson forum. Thanks to the promos, I now have over 1,000,000 points with them (I combined points from all five family members into one account ) and would love advice from others. Tomorrow we go to Quito and we used 30,000 points per night for 2 one bedroom suites for a total of four nights. We got in before the point increase for the Radisson there. I also booked Zurich for 50,000 points for the Mega-Do night. We just booked Singapore award travel to Moscow and then Singapore. Looks like no hotels in Singapore, but several in Moscow and St. Petersburg. If anyone has experience at Carlson hotels in those cities, I would love some input. We are going there in May for 11 nights in Russia and 5 nights in Singapore.

cliq, Maximizer and wrxmom like this.
  7. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I truly don't get the requirement for official CC support. It seems backwards. Make a vibrant forum, and the associated brand (and its official representation, and its ad dollars) will follow. Why would they spend any effort on a social media outlet that has no steam and just lingers, when other outlets have all the users? I'm no expert and I could be wrong, but would like to understand the logic.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  8. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    by 'they' I'm assuming you mean Club Carlson, which (correct me if I'm wrong Milepoint Guides) isn't the entity to decide if there will be a Club Carlson forum, it is the folks at Milepoint.

SC Flier likes this.
  9. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Of course. But from reading the threads on the topic, it appears that Milepoint wants to get Club Carlson on board before they create a dedicated forum. It looks like Milepoint is saying "CC, get on board and we will create a forum for you", and in fact "we won't create a forum for you unless you get on board", which seems backwards to me. These are not quotes, just my interpretation of the conversation between MP and CC. And judging by how long it is taking, CC is saying "whatever.. who are you again?" ;)

10. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    My name is....:D

Where are you seeing text of a conversation between MP & CC?

SC Flier and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  11. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    [Answered] Club Carlson, Wyndham need their own forums, away from "Other hotel programs"

This was in September of last year.

viguera and SC Flier like this.
  12. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Slim Shaddy :D oh Ok... MilePoint ;)

13. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
  14. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    So MP, we getting Club Carlson forum anytime soon?

15. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I doubt it, given multiple threads asking about this for the past year, with no movement.

Surprising; you'd think MP would do anything to increase participation, especially something like this that has no upfront cost. I mean seriously, I like MP's modern UI and the points/status system is fun, but user participation is clearly lagging behind TOBB, at least in most forums.

flyingdawg and SC Flier like this.