Is Your Expectation Dependent On the Value or the Brand?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    When it comes to redeeming our points for hotel stays, there is often an unknown element to our redemption. If you have not personally stayed there before, you will not know exactly what to expect during your stay. Of course, hotel reviews on blogs and sites like Trip Advisor certainly help to form an expectation, but it can’t tell you what your stay and experience will be. In forming an expectation of a hotel stay and in selecting my hotel, there are a few things that come into play. One of them is certainly going to be the hotel brand. For example, I am going to expect a higher level of service and focus to detail at a Park Hyatt than I would at a Hyatt Place hotel. The same is true for SPG’s Luxury Hotel Collection vs their Four Points by Sheraton properties. There is certainly nothing wrong with those brands (and I have stayed at them several times). It is just that my expectations for the upper tier... The post Is Your Expectation Dependent On the Value or the Brand? appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...