Is WN to Hawaii a Good Option for You

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards' started by misman, Oct 19, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it is for me. I know some look at spending that much time on a WN plane as being torture, but I've gotten used to being stuck in those WN tubes for longer flights (like ABQ-BWI.) Other than FC options and Trans-Pac/-Atl destinations, WN treats me about the same as the others (no longer fly enough to be elite.)

I'll definitely make sure I get EB, though, because I would not want that middle seat!

What are your thoughts?

Newscience likes this.
  2. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope.

Need a lie flat seat to/from Hawaii for me.

While Southwest will help economy fares, probably won't be any changes in the F cabins.

misman likes this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    We flew United coach to Hawaii happily, no reason not to fly SW.

And with the easy methods to get the companion pass (which we have) it could end up a very good deal on SW and so we might go more often than the once every 15 year cycle we are on...

I've never had a problem getting an under B-45 queue number by checking in at the right time which allowed my wife and I to sit together. Not to mention checking in from the east coast for the first flight should allow you to jump in front of all the west coast folks...

Newscience likes this.
  4. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    It will be since I live on the West Coast. Not sure that I'd want to fly to Hawaii on WN from anywhere else.

Even if I don't fly WN to Hawaii, they'll likely bring the fares down to something more reasonable across the spectrum. :)

Newscience likes this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here's hoping that the competition from WN will drive down coach fare prices on other air carriers to HNL, at least from the west coast airports WN will be using.

Sent from my SM-G935V using InsideFlyer mobile app