Is USA even safe any more?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by adamefimoff2, Mar 18, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. adamefimoff2

adamefimoff2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    for people other than white people?

2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Obama has made millions creating a sensation,
    But then so did Al Gore with the Green Machine, with Obama likes to push also..

Obama and Michelle's speeches always seem to include some examples where white people put them down, even though neither of them even knew any For of poverty.

Most white people grew up poor, most of the gardens were not for a fresh tomato, but to eat, and share as the weather got colder...and meat in the soup was unheard of,

AC you opened the door,

Distrust is caused by disrespect, and not taking care of your family, too many kids milking the welfare system...

3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    This topic is way too controversial for these boards. If you want get a feel for the racist mindset of some of the posters here just visit the two Trump boards or just read the absolute nonsense posted above.
    Sadly they represent an increasingly vocal segment here and in our society as a whole.

Slavery, lynching and discrimination in the US was caused by Obama, Gore and liberals:rolleyes:
    All whites were poor and managed to become rich by drinking soup (not sure if that was before after the genocide of the native-Americans:rolleyes:)

I suggest MP delete this thread before the imminent deluge of hogwash from our alt-right members

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    iolaire likes this.
  4. adamefimoff2

Status Points:
    Maybe but all of this reminds me of how a certain German party got to power

5. DrPhil

DrPhil Active Member

Status Points:
    Inside Flyer Political Now??
    Thought this was about travel and passenger benefits. If I wanted Trump bashing - I'd go to CNN

Sent from my iPhone using InsideFlyer mobile app

Counsellor likes this.
  6. adamefimoff2

Status Points:
    I am more worried about the USA then mexico in terms of safety

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Both are big, diverse countries with safe and unsafe places to hang out.

If you want a country that is completely safe everywhere, my recommendation is Lichtenstein.

iolaire and Dublin_rfk like this.
  8. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    If one feels the need to ask that question, your answer is probably not.

10. adamefimoff2

Status Points:
  11. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Where would you like to go instead? Thailand? Dictatorship. China? Dictatorship. Germany? Rightist parties are gaining votes in local elections, and may win seats in the federal Parliament as well. France? There's a decent, non-zero chance someone sponsored by Putin will win their Presidential election this year.

Millions of people didn't suddenly come into being as Trump voters one day. African Americans have been beaten and killed within living memory for merely exercising their civil rights (supposedly protected by the US Constitution).

So I ask you; what makes you think the US was 100% safe for anyone other than white people before Trump's election? HaveMilesWillTravel is essentially right in his response. If you're afraid of traveling to the US because of an election result and things that it unleashed, understand that these things have been here for a very long time- coded and not-coded appeals to racism, racists, and white people and others who don't really care about that racism as long as they get what they want out of the deal they made voting for Trump. Most places on the planet have dark sides... bloggers love touting the Maldives as a vacation destination, but they're nothing close to a democracy.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/...s-maldives-deteriorating-150423141730292.html
    http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...evict-opposition-mps-from-maldives-parliament

(Someone will inevitably whine about the fact that I've lumped them in with racists as being Trump voters aiding and abetting racism. I am outsourcing my response to that whine to John Scalzi.)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  12. adamefimoff2

Status Points:
    I would rather go to china

13. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    But how safe is it in Australia? According to the news you have boatloads of people landing from terrorist countries, its soo bad you had to stick all those people on some remote island. And then you have the rapes and all the terror attacks.

From what I can see your travel is to 5* hotels, to top rated restaurants and tours with top rated tour agencies, you have nothing to worry about. I'd guess with your level of travel you could probably go to Iraq and be fairly safe despite the four Humvees of security your hotel and tour would provide.

14. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    And yet your profile says "Planning trip to California 2017". Are you going to evacuate your sister in Palo Alto, or what is the purpose of that trip? ;)

Counsellor and iolaire like this.
  15. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

Status Points:
  16. adamefimoff2

Status Points:
    Not if its unsafe

17. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Maybe ask your sister how safe it is in California. After all, she lives there while many of the anonymous internet posters here probably don't.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  18. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe there will be a massive earthquake. Or you'll get a sunburn.

Counsellor likes this.
  19. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've noticed a lot of alt-left nonsense being posted, too.

Didn't we have a forum for political rants somewhere? If so, maybe this thread could be moved there.

20. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Scalzi is a much better science fiction author than he is a political analyst, IMHO.

21. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

Status Points:
    By all means. Political discussions on the Internet are usually victims of Sturgeon's Law. This one is no means immune.

Counsellor likes this.