Is US really now pulling this shift with United???

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Steven Schwartz, Jul 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know well that it is pretty much impossible to get LH and LX First Class using my US Dividend Miles account. Just found FC on United RT EWR to FRA for our trip to France. Just called US and was told that UA has not released those seats to US yet.

So my question is - is this for real or are they playing games. I've heard the excuse before and pressed on - and managed to get FC on Lufthansa about two years ago. I know, I know - not possible anymore but it was back then. What I did back then was escalate to a Supervisor and made my case that I was Platinum Elite with US but that if I had been loyal to UA, the seats were there and bookable with a click rather than having to call and beg and complain. It worked.

I'm willing to do it again for the UA flights unless someone tells me that they are telling the truth - that they truly don't have access to those seats.

I greatly appreciate any feedback and help. Many thanks,.

Kalboz and marcwint55 like this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

I find that hard to believe. I booked Singapore first class a while back with US miles and had no problem. I would call a supervisor and insist they check out the seat availability.

Kalboz, uggboy and MX like this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check via ANA or Aeroplan.

UA doesn't always release all award seats to partners. But when they do the seats are released to all partners AFAIK.

Flyer1976, Kalboz, LETTERBOY and 3 others like this.
  4. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:

Thanks Seth. Not happy but feel a bit better that I'm not getting screwed! ANA did not show availability.

5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    You'll be flying on OpenSkies on this route shortly with your US miles. ;)

Kalboz likes this.
  6. rrgg
    Original Member

rrgg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you have status with UA? I agree to check availability on the ANA site since UA may offer more to its own members.

7. rrgg
    Original Member

rrgg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe you're right that US is blocking inventory, because I have another example.

I was searching for business awards to Europe on the UA site, and 2 nonstop envoy seats turned up. I'd rather burn US miles (and get the 5k discount from the Barclay's card), so I tried the US site and nothing is available at the low rate. US is blocking their own inventory! To double-check, I search UA again and it let me pick the US seats and continue to booking. I have no UA status.

LETTERBOY likes this.