Is US Air still removing the entertainment system on flights from Clt to Hawaii upfront ?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by FirstClassQueen, Apr 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FirstClassQueen
    Original Member

FirstClassQueen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last summer I took my mother to Hawaii for a week. Because she lives on the east coast and I live on the west I flew home for a few days before our trip. I had heard that US Air had the best upfront product from the east coast to Hawaii and its a none-stop so I booked it . The seats were nice and we were content until 10.000 feet. When I pulled up the entertainment system holder and it was empty. So I ask the Flight Lead what was going on I was told they do not use them on flights to Hawaii. My response was but this is a 10 hr flight. She said sorry and this is not the first time people have been caught off by this. So does anyone know if this is still the case. My Mother want t go back this year. Thanks

Funtodoimpossible likes this.
  2. Funtodoimpossible
    Original Member

Funtodoimpossible Gold Member

Status Points:
    richinaz likes this.
  3. FirstClassQueen
    Original Member

FirstClassQueen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the info (Funtodimpossibl) . Do you know if the CLT-HNL was stopped because of having to stop in Lax to refuel a lot or was it losing to much money on that flight?

Funtodoimpossible likes this.
  4. Funtodoimpossible
    Original Member

Funtodoimpossible Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately I don't know exactly why it was stopped. I expect it was probably a combination of the loads on the flight, the frequency of the diversions, and finding a better use (more profitable route) for that plane.

If you are still interested in flying non-stop from the east coast, CO/UA flies EWR-HNL with a 767. I am told this flight uses a modified BusinessFirst service up front. (3 food choices instead of 4) and has the standard BusinessFirst IFE.

5. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, CO's been slightly downgrading the EWR-HNL flight. Fortunately you only fly in F, FristClassQueen, so even if you only have three choices at dinner, at least you're not stuck on a 10 hour flight in Y with no food.