Is United making 787 unsafe from CNBC

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Aditya Vyas, Oct 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Aditya Vyas
    Original Member

Aditya Vyas Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is some discussion ongoing in the General Discussion | Travel forum. The practical impact of whether the fence is there or not is basically nil. The Union brought this up a few months ago and nothing came of it. I expect the same this time as well.

3. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure what (if any) part the mix of two airlines' safety equipment would logically play in this decision. The article says that it would be cheaper to remove the UA planes' gates than to add them to the CO planes. Lots of things vary from PMCO and PMUA, and they surely aren't changing everything.

Personally, I would feel better knowing that they had the gates, but it may be more psychological than real. Then again, TSA is expensive, and they are certainly more psychologically advantageous than real, and they don't appear to be going away.

4. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    I saw this article the other day. What a bunch of malarkey. First there is a big difference (at least to me) in aviation between safety and security. This is the later. At the same time the article completely misses the point that this security measure is not standard throughout the industry, and United really isn't cutting any corners. Nothing to see here other than a sensational headline. Move along.

5. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, the press really does love taking a shat on the airlines any chance they get. It gets really old.

Wandering Aramean likes this.