Is TopCashBack Legit?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by mapenn, Feb 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was getting ready to make a purchase on OfficeDepot and there is nothing spectacular on any of the points portals (2 or 3x points). I've noticed that TopCashBack usually comes up at the top of the payout percentages for cash-back portals, including 5-6% now for Office Depot. I've used them for a few things recently. Does anybody have any experience with them? I guess what I am asking is, "will I ever actually see my cash from these transactions?" :)

flyingdawg and Sweet Willie like this.
  2. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have used them for hotel stays in the past, as have many others. Yes they are legit, and you should get your money (I did, some have reported issues), but I have found them to be SUPER slow in crediting your stuff, and before they release the money. Honestly, unless the CB rate was SO much better than competing places like Ebates or Fatwallet or other, easier sites, I would just use a different site. My opinion though.

flyingdawg and mapenn like this.
  3. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    When you say "super slow", what do you mean? Just want to know what my expectations should be.

flyingdawg likes this.
  4. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They, and most other cash back sites, are super slow in crediting hotel stays, and did have an excursion with the 10+% Radisson payout last summer. However, I've used them quite often and have no problems with normal retail sites.

mapenn and flyingdawg like this.
  5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I booked a stay through TopCashBack for Park Inn (club carlson property), stayed at end of Aug '12, wasn't sent money until Jan '13.

as others have stated, no problems with other sites through TCB.

6. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    I only used them for the Club Carlson properties. It was slow going with a LOT of submitting claims and what not to get credit for hotel stays. THat turned me off so I don't use them anymore.

paladin87 and mapenn like this.
  7. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I have received credit from them...........but they are slow!

8. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, they are legit. They do utilize direct deposit for payments unlike some of the other click thru sites which mail actuall checks. I've just come to expect the slow crediting of the rebates from all these sites. Not sure if its always them being slow or sometimes slow response from the company paying them the rebate. Its never bothered me though since to me its all just found money.

mapenn likes this.
  9. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everybody. Much appreciate the feedback!

10. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    so far my experience over the last couple months has been 3 transactions from three different vendors. And there have been problems with all three; have had to resubmit claims for all of them due to $0 cash back reporting. Not sure it is worth the extra hassle for a few bucks here and there....

11. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    It does take awhile but I've had very good luck with them on IHG hotel stays. I'm just guessing that this is like using a shopping portal or partner. The funds only post when the company you use does a good job in reporting the spend back to topcashback. It is sorta slow to get the money but it does come. I got about $150 back on hotel stays with IHG last year. :)

12. SpringBreak13

SpringBreak13 Active Member

Status Points:
    I have 2 transaction from the first week of January and both are still pending. Topcashback gives you an estimate on how long it takes to get your money. In my case the estimate is 8 weeks for one and 9 weeks for the other transaction. It is now 10 weeks since the purchase and I am still hopeful!