Is this routing possible on AA using BA miles?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by girlsmom, Jul 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. girlsmom
    Original Member

girlsmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    trying to figure out the best use of my BA miles. Is this routing possible, with stops at each location? And how many BA miles would I need for this RT award?

WAS-LAS-LAX-HNL(or any other island in Hawaii)-WAS

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm sure it's possible, though you'd need to connect for a few of those destinations. For example you'd be looking at IAD-LAX-LAS-LAX-HNL-LAX-IAD or perhaps DCA-ORD-LAS-LAX-KOA-LAX-ORD-DCA.

I'm willing to bet this wouldn't be a roundtrip award, but rather multiple awards which will probably increase the mileage cost substantially. The individuals on the BA forum would probably be able to tell you how much it might cost since they know the BA award program.

You're flying AA metal but your question is really about how the BA program works, so the members of the AA forum might not be the best audience for this question. Have you tried this question in the BA forum?

Perhaps someone in the AA forum does know the BA program and can come along soon enough to give you some feedback. If not maybe you can work with some pioneering members here on the AA forum to do some mutual investigation. :)

3. girlsmom
    Original Member

girlsmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks DestinationDavid. I'll ask on the BA forum.