Is this normal for AA.COM?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Switch2, Aug 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Switch2

Switch2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    on AA.COM I selected a given route and a price, I was ready to purchase, when I click Continue I get a alert : Price has changed, the new price is XXX which is 60-70$ more. I tried a another fare, slightly different connection, same issue, happened to me last friday/Sat/Sun. So i went to Orbitz and was able to book at the initial price, initial routing and get confirmation, no problem. While AA.COM still giving me those price error messages. Is AA.COM checking your travel history and providing a "Special" price?

kw335 likes this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Blame it on AA's antique IT system. What's most likely happening is a communication issue between different systems. The fare you're seeing is no longer available but the front end of AA.com hasn't been updated to reflect it yet. Same reason Orbitz still shows it.

And yup, it happens to me on occasion. Very annoying.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Only happened to me once that I can recall...you would think they could hire some IT guys to fix that! I know one who works on Cisco equipment if anyone is asking.

4. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Probably similar to what I had experienced here

Switch2 likes this.