is this itinery hidden city ticket or not?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by parkkibum, Jul 31, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. parkkibum

parkkibum New Member

Status Points:
    Hi everybody,

i just want to know if this is hidden city ticket or not.

this will be an international flight.

it will be ICN(KOREA)-LAX(U.S.A)

i was playing around in Kayak and found out that HKG-LAX is a lot cheaper.

here are some options.

ASIANA AIRLINE

1.ICN-LAX-ICN is the ideal way(NON STOP) but also the most expensive option

2.HKG-ICN
    ICN-LAX
    LAX-HKG(STOP AT ICN SO I WILL BE THROWING AWAY ICN-HKG TICKET)
    i will be using through kayak or other websites but it will be booked through multi-city option so total of 3 tickets will be issued.
    second option is about 50% cheaper.

my question is for #2 options, since i'm buying a separate ticket for HKG-ICN and ICN-LAX , if i don't get on the plane for HKG-ICN, i dont think it will be a problem..or would it?
    and on the way back to Korea, since i'm buying a ticket for LAX-HKG but getting off at ICN it will be a hidden city ticketing but since it's on the way back to Korea, i wouldn't have to worry about my flight being cancelled.

so my question is

is it ok to miss the flight HKG-ICN and just get on the flight for ICN-LAX?

thank you in advanced.

2. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    You must fly the first HKG-ICN leg. Otherwise your whole trip will be canceled.

You can throw away the return (or you could put it far in the future, say when you need to fly to LAX again)

anileze and MX like this.
  3. parkkibum

parkkibum New Member

Status Points:
    hi Muerl,

even though it's not part of transferring flight do i still have to fly HKG-ICN?

i know that if my ticket is HKG-LAX and it has a layover at ICN, i know that i have to take HKG-ICN or it will be cancelled,
    but when i buy through kayak i will be searching through multi-city.
    like this
    1.HKG-ICN
    2.ICN-LAX
    3.LAX-HKG(stopping at ICN)

do you have any other ideas how i can do hidden city ticket for international? because for an international flight, one way trip price doesn't work like domestic flights since it's so much more expensive..

thanks.

4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you are confused about multi-city, it is just searching for a specific routing using different cities. You you can specify the cities, but ONE ticket is issued, not three (one for each segment) that is why you can't skip the first flight.
    I think the only way you can do what you want is to find a low cost carrier (if it exists) to fly icn-hkg, then start your trip in hkg. You can not take the last leg if you don't have checked bags (icn-hkg) - BUT if your ticket is lax-hkg you also run the risk that in case of irregular ops you could be put on a nonstop and not have your stop in icn (unlikely, but it has been known to happen)

Singapore Flyer and anileze like this.