Is this for extra special fares only, or can significantly better than normal ones be posted?

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by kiwi, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thoughts?

2. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Jumbo's ?

3. I consider any discounted fare a great find, but almost like it should have various sections based on percent off normal travel...

For instance, a month or so back, IAH to SEA was $150 round trip, which was at least 50% off normal fares, so could have a section of 50% off fares, then for lesser discounts, like say only 20% off normal rates, could have an area for that as well...

Or if there could just be a standard, where in the thread title people could post the discount percentage, or have a forum component able to show that?

4. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it should be any deal - with something to highlight when it is a particularly good/mistake one.

WonderBret likes this.
  5. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    As the US Supreme Court Justice Stewart (would have) said:

Although a good deal cannot be defined, you know it when you see it.

6. WonderBret
    Original Member

WonderBret Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like the idea of posting all "good" deals. Its a friendly forum so I'm much less worried about flaming. If there were a way to note especially rare finds, or those likely to be very time sensitive, that could be very useful.

7. Mike1625
    Original Member

Mike1625 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love the idea of posting all good deals. One thing that needs to be considered, if a lot of fares are going up on the board, and things fall to the second page easily, is there is a way to search, or spot fares of interest.

One more thing to consider in building this site. Lets say there is a good (but not crazy great) fare between HNL and JAX. So lets say I see a thread that reads DL: JAX to HNL $439 all in. I live in Tampa, I can appreciate that as a good fare, but I am not willing to drive to JAX for that price. Then on post 37 of that discussion, someone notes that the fare is good from MCO, TPA and RSW too. I would hate to miss the deal, becuase the thread title never got updated to show more cites.

I guess I am just saying, keep in mind people like me, who will not read every thread, but will certainly read every thread title and decide if I want to open it or not.

8. JAbrams72
    Original Member

JAbrams72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So you're saying that good deals, uh, arouse you?

MrHalliday likes this.
  9. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    The thought of Potter Stewart implying he was aroused in that case is a curious thought.

10. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some people have more curiosity than others.

MrHalliday likes this.