Is this even possible?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by michael21, Dec 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello there...I have about 145,000 Hilton points-enough for 4 nights in their top properties, I believe. My travels in the coming months won't be taking me to Hiltons so I was wondering if it is possible and legal for me to book 4 nights for someone else on here for example, and they would send me cash at a discount obviously.

For example, if someone will be staying at a hotel that is $400/night for 4 nights-it would be a net outlay of $1600 plus taxes and stuff so like $1800-Or I can book it for them and they pay me like $1000 something like that?

Is there any problem with doing this?

Thanks

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is definitely against HHonor's T&Cs.

Jett Rink, astraveln and MX like this.
  3. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are not allowed to SELL your points.

I have heard of some people "gifting" them and then may recieve a gift in return..... You also need to be realistic about what they are worth, ie just because a room cost 400 doesnt mean that someone would pay even half of that rate.

You may want to rephrase what you are asking, as we know you would never want to violate T&C's.

Jett Rink, anabolism and edekba like this.
  4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    through an AXON or VIP award maybe, not a per night basis if less than 4 nights are booked.
    yes as others have noted.

If you decide to go forward, not wise but if you do, make sure it is with another person you trust like close family or friend who won't say anything.

Jett Rink likes this.