Is this confusing FareLock expiration email the norm?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by bungalow1225, May 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bungalow1225

bungalow1225 Active Member

I have used the FareLock feature a few times in the last couple of weeks, but only this week have I decided to not purchase the fare in question, and let the reservation expire after 72 hours.

The email I get from UA is really unhelpful. I am wondering if this is standard, or if my experience is just...unlucky.

1) The link from the email that says "Check Prices Again" takes me to an incomplete search page with only the departure city filled in. So I have to start from scratch, when I would have hoped the search would pre-populate with the same info from the original search.

2) The description of the itinerary being held is not right, using the last leg of the itinerary as the description. For example, on a PIT-IAD-MAN r/t itinerary, it sent me this:

Expiration Notification
    Your reservation (DA3YHE) from Washington, DC (IAD - Dulles) to Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) has expired and your reservation is now cancelled.​

3) The dates are backwards. I had searched for an 8/25 departure, with a 9/3 return. It told me:

Fly from Washington, DC (IAD - Dulles) to Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
    Depart 9/3/2012 | Return 8/25/2012​

Not too big a deal, but messy and a little disappointing. Is this standard?

2. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Don't know, but I'd PM UA Insider with the details so they can get the bug reported to the correct department. (They have looked into and fixed bugs I've reported, so I know it is possible.)
    bungalow1225 likes this.