Is This Appropriate Compensation For A 14 Hour Delay?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

As some of you may recall, I had a 14+ hour delay on Etihad Airways between Seoul Incheon and Abu Dhabi last month. The delay was announced at check-in, and chaos followed. That being said, I get that big delays happen. It's certainly not the ground staff's fault, so I'd never take it out on them. It's a crappy situation for everyone. Nobody likes a 14 hour delay, and to some degree it's inevitable. Safety is always the top priority, though at the same time as passengers we book a specific airline and not a specific aircraft (at least usually), so I do think the airline has some obligation to make things right for passengers that are severely inconvenienced when flying with them. It's a cost of doing business. Beyond the actual delay, there were a couple of things entirely within Etihad's control that ticked me off: The post Is This Appropriate Compensation For A 14 Hour Delay? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...