Is this a valid routing for AA-All Partner award?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by cleome, Apr 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cleome

cleome Active Member

Status Points:
    I was stringing together an AA All Partner award. Is it a legal routing?

ORD-JFK-BER(reach at 7:30AM on Thu)
    BER-PAR (depart Fri at 6:10 AM)
    PAR-ORD (stop)
    5 months later
    ORD-MIA-STT

Am I missing something?

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    So the key questions here are (1) can you do a 23 hour stop in Berlin and (2) can you do a stopover in Chicago on the way to STT?

The answers to both questions should be yes.

3. cleome

cleome Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I was wondering if they wouldn't allow it because this is backtracking. I had one more question. I am not an elite with AA. If after completing the ORD-PAR-ORD trip, I decide to change the dates for ORD-STT trip, will there be any fees?

4. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can the stopover and origin city be the same?

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I believe that as long as your over water carrier (in this case Air Berlin) has a fare from ORD to PAR that routes through JFK and BER that it's a bookable award and you don't have to worry about "backtracking" issues. I'm not an expert on the award rules when it comes to routing though to be honest.

Time and date changes do not incur a fee. There has to be award space available on the same carrier, though. Also all travel has to be completed within a year of your ticket being issued.

No. But that's because all AA and AA partner awards are one way, so you can never actually stop over in your origin. Also AA only allows stop overs at the North Americn gateway city, so you'd need to fly from your home city to another US city, back to your home city to "stop over" and then on to your international destination. ;)

To be more specific, using the itinerary above - PAR is the city of origin on the return leg, not ORD.

ORD-JFK-BER-PAR is a one way award with ORD being the origin and JFK being the stop over eligible location.

PAR-ORD-MIA-STT is a one way award with PAR being the orign and ORD being the stop over eligible location.