Is this a computer glitch?

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by Original Member, Mar 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Original Member
    Original Member

Original Member Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't understand... I'm not sure if this is part of the computer glitches WN has or if I don't understand the program.

I signed up for the RR credit card in February and haven't flown any flights in a year. I've charged $6,321 since I've received the credit card and used Teleflora for some flowers.

My account shows 6,921 points (through CC spend and teleflora purchases)
    26,121 points towards CP, which I figure counts the CC signon bonus as "points"
    0 points towards A-list

Huh? Shouldn't I have at lease 6,921 points towards a-list? Or even 26,121? Am I missing something or is this a computer glitch?

2. Actually I believe it is being reported correctly for the CP since you can earn points however you like to get to the 110,000.

As for the A-List, you need 35,000 Tier Qualifying Points. They are earned from revenue flights or through select Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Cards and are exclusive of bonuses and promotions. I would think that the CC charges would count towards it since they are considered TQP.

Original Member likes this.
  3. Original Member
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I think the CP is correct. What I don't "get" is the a-list stats since what you wrote is consistent with what the website says...

What do you think??? Call Southwest once I hit 35k miles towards CP and ask about a-list?

4. Original Member
    Original Member

Status Points:
    OK, to to answer my own question.

I posted this question via email to southwestairlines.com customer service. I VERY friendly and helpful agent called me this afternoon.

Bottom line: their verbage is poor on the webside (duh).

Pretty much all points earned count for CP. Meaning, any credit card spend, florists, flying, etc. Only points earned at a 1,500/$10k spending on certain credit cards count towards a-list. I have a Chase "Visa Signature Southwest Rapid Rewards" credit card. The points from this card count towards CP but do not count towards A-list. From my conversation, it is essentially a "Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card." Only the "Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card" qualifies for TQP.

I'm not upset... but I do have some suggestions for Southwest Airlines (as if they read this).
    1. Improve your verbage. There are various locations on the website that blur the lines of what a "Qualifying Point" and "Tier Qualifying Point" are. It's very confusing.
    2. Improve your names for things. First, TQP and QP have 2 of the same 3 words the same. You need better words.
    3. I'm not sure how my Chase Signature card became a 2nd rate credit card... typically Signature cards are the top tier of credit cards... "Platinum". It would be good if an email or letter was sent out to people trying to get us to upgrade our cards.

5. ahtrac777

ahtrac777 New Member

Status Points:
    yes of course.