Resolved Is there any way to filter those threads listed in "What's New?"

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Prospero, Mar 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Prospero
    Original Member

Prospero Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry chaps - this might come across as a bit of a rant

MilePoint has so much potential but crikey, there is just so much idle chitchat here, it is absolutely deafening at the moment. MP reminds me of FT's BA Board of old but on steroids. I'd like to be able to provide some original content but honestly, I feel I am swimming against the current here. Judging by the moribund state of the BA forum here, the frustration may not be mine alone.

The "What's New" header is a great tool but wouldn't it be better if members could tailor it to suit their specific preferences. Personally, I'd like to filter out the off-topic content and volumes of lounge threads - it would help me focus on the knitting.

Genius1, David, Disco Volante and 7 others like this.
  2. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    The status point system is dragging milepoint down to where it is more chore than fun when trying to find substance.

Genius1, IMH, jbcarioca and 1 other person like this.
  3. mikew99
    Original Member

mikew99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great timing, I was just thinking the same thing!

I find it laborious to go in and out of each forum separately, so I use the "What's New?" link to identify updated threads throughout all forums. But I have to mentally step over all the counting threads and such.

FT has a URL syntax that lets me exclude certain forums, and I have bookmarked a customized URL for FT that shows me all updated threads without including threads from Omni, for example. Does MP have a similar URL syntax?

jbcarioca and torbster like this.
  4. ag51
    Original Member

ag51 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to bump this thread on behalf of Prospero, as it seems to be the only one that isn't either 'answered' or 'watching'...

Globaliser and jbcarioca like this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Whatever the utility of such threads none of us probably want them in What's new. Excluding off-topic entirely seems to be the only simple solution.

6. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    There isn't currently a way to filter the What's New list as you describe. There is a good chance that future features will cover this functionality in an indirect way, but for now I'll add this to the master list to make it doesn't get forgotten in the case that said functionality does not take care of this idea.

7. WearyBizTrvlr
    Original Member

WearyBizTrvlr Active Member

Status Points:
    Another vote for this functionality.