Is there any bonus for joining the program?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by joeheg, Jul 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. joeheg

joeheg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm learning to always ask before I sign up. Is there any sign up bonuses for those of us who do not yet have a Hyatt membership? I have an stay coming up and plan on registering beforehand but hate to leave any points on the table.

Thanks!!

Mike Reed and TravelBear like this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    AFAIK, there are no perks (bonus points, free nights, etc) offered for just signing up to join Hyatt Gold Passport as a new member. The only bonuses I am aware of are those associated with getting a Chase Hyatt visa card. For this, I believe that you first need to sign up to become a GP member. Then when you apply for the Hyatt CC and enter your GP membership number, you will automatically be "elevated" to Platinum status in GP and receive 2 free nights after spending $1000 in 3 months. The AF is $75 and you will get one free night every year on your card anniversary.

traveltoomuch and TravelBear like this.
  3. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would only echo what NYCUA1K posted. No sign up bonuses to their program, just for signing up for the branded Chase card.

4. joeheg

joeheg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I knew about the Hyatt card. I'm waiting until I'd really be able to take advantage of the 2 night certificate before applying. I'll just get the account to start tor now and earn credit for the stay.

5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sound like a good plan, especially about waiting until you are able to use the free nights. What I did to maximize the bonus for getting the Chase Hyatt visa was to apply for the Chase United Club visa card, which also automatically awards the GP Platinum elite status, and then to get the Chase Hyatt visa card, which has 2 free nights and 2 free suite upgrades as sign up bonus for GP Plats.