Is there an AA cc that Allows ug on award ticket?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by estnet, Oct 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Apparently there is such on UA (although I have no idea if it ever works). Just wondering if there is any equivalent on AA?

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Short answer: No.

Longer answer: AA will on occasion offer LFBUs to those on award tickets, but these would be available to any passenger on the flight and would require the payment of a fee.

Other than that, AA does not allow upgrades on award tickets, regardless of what credit card you hold.

estnet likes this.
  3. worldwidedreamer

worldwidedreamer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have the requisite credit card and have received upgrades on award tickets...but in my experience it requires full knowledge of the UA system to make this possible.

estnet likes this.
  4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks that is what I thought, but hope springs eternal :) Just couldn't pass up a 15k trip to Paris (it was 25k to Mia and then I realized it was only 40k to cdg) so I bit the bullet and booking economy to Paris.

DestinationDavid likes this.
  5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually use my UA award miles on other airlines (SQ, LH, TG) so never really had a chance to see if the UA one would work.