Is there a yearly limit to how many miles can be transferred (shared)?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by enichols22124, Jan 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there any limit from the sender or the receiver of how many miles can be transferred between US airways accounts. I have someone who has a lot of miles and is happy to give me 300,000 points for my honeymoon trip for travel. I have another 50,000 from another friends account as well. Are there limits on this? I figured that sharing miles didn't have any total limits, but perhaps per transaction, such as 50,000 or 100,000 miles. But, that I can do that as many times as necessary to get all the miles across. Is this correct? And the sender has no limits as well?

Thanks, I cannot find this information on the website, only when referring to the sharing specials, and those had 50,000 miles limits. This is not what I am doing, just transferring between US Airways accounts.

2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    This doesn't directly answer your question (sorry).

With 300K coming from one account, why pay to move them to your account? Why not book the tickets from that account? If you really need to combine them, it might be cheaper to move the smaller bits of miles into the account that already has 300K rather than move 350K+ into your own account.

flyforawg likes this.
  3. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Using my Gold status, it deducts certain fees, and having my US Airways saves some points, and the total points is going to be over that 300,000, and I want to keep everyone on one group. So, I would prefer to have all the points transferred to one location. The person who has the 300k no longer has status, has no US Airways credit card, and to contact him and the other person every time I am looking at setting up an Award ticket would be annoying to both of us since we are 7 time zones apart.

I completely understand your questioning, I did consider that at first, but the fees, card, time zones, etc add up.

Does anyone else know the answer? Can you do a 300k transfer without any problems, even if that means you are doing 3 100k transfers or 6 50k transfers?

Thanks.