Is there a way to subscribe to a member's posts?

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by jetsetr, Oct 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to be able to keep on top of any announcements from UA Insider. Is there a way for folks to subscribe to another member's posts (rather than just subscribing to threads) so that the moment information is posted from said member that we would receive a notification?

2. cheepneezy
    Original Member

cheepneezy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gargoyle likes this.
  3. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Yes, I knew how to do this, but was looking for the instantaneous option, thus I posted in this forum as a suggestion to MilePoint developers. But appreciate the response, nonetheless.

4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you follow someone, their posts will show up in your news feed.
    You can find your news feed by clicking on your screen name at the top of any page.

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, OK, now this sounds promising! So tell me, what is the way to do this on the iPhone app? I'm familiar with following and news feeds on Facebook/Twitter/Google+, but not on MilePoint. And I rarely go to the website; I almost always access MP via the app.

Gargoyle likes this.
  6. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    So in a convoluted way, on the app, I was able to navigate my way to be able to follow UA Insider. But whereas on the full site I can relatively easily see my news feed, this is not so on the app (at least as far as I can tell). And I still won't receive an alert/notification when someone I follow posts on MP.

So, if there are any MP product managers or site developers who think this would be a useful feature for the app, here's a plea to please add these features! Thanks!

Gargoyle likes this.