Is there a British Airways Ombudsman

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by rkt10, Dec 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. rkt10
    Original Member

rkt10 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello,
    Just wondering if there's a BA ombudsman to assist travelers. My niece missed her flight home from Madrid yesterday (Tuesday). Naturally she has to pay for a new flight home, and BA says the next flight that mirrors her layover isn't until Sunday.
    Since then BA has charged her credit card multiple times; overdrawn her bank account and yet still says she needs another form of payment to book her flight.
    Her mother's been trying to help her and is getting nowhere. One number she's been given to call says she has to call a different number. That number says they can't help her.
    Apparently she also has an email from someone who was going to book the flight for her. But now that person isn't responding.
    Somehow this customer's experience is going right down the toilet. It would be great to have a contact with someone higher up who can help this 19 year old college kid get home.
    Any recommendations or suggestions?

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Credit cards shouldn't cause bank account overdraws; is it a debit card? In any case, consider disputing the charges that aren't justified.

Can she go to the airport in Madrid and talk to someone face to face and sort this out?

Why does she need a flight that "mirrors her layover" if she is buying a new ticket anyway?

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. rkt10
    Original Member

rkt10 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry it is a debit card. Eventually she'll dispute the charges, but right now she's getting conflicting information and no progress being made. Not sure on the layover component. I was just relating what her mother was saying.

The point is that she's somehow not getting this resolved in Madrid and her parent can't seem to work it out from the US either. I don't know if she's been out to the airport or a city ticket office. That's a good recommendation. Thanks.

5. rkt10
    Original Member

rkt10 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks so much HaveMilesWillTravel. I passed the info along to her mother who is in New Hampshire. Hopefully this will help.