Is the "annual" double basic point promo coming back?

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by SpotOn, Dec 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    For the last couple of years (at least), SAS have had what appears to be have been a semi-targeted promotion offering double basic points on travel undertaken from (if I remember correctly) mid-December until end of January. By "semi-targeted" I mean that although the e-mail with the offer was not sendt to every EB-member it was possible for everyone having the website info to enlist and participate (don't know whether this was infact intentional...). I would have expected information regarding a similar promotion for 2011 to have been sent to relevant members by now - but I have as of yet not received anything on this. This could mean that the promotion is not being repeated this year - but it could also be that I am not part of the target audience this time around.

So I am wondering: Have any of you seen any such e-mails from SAS regarding this or similar promotions? I am quite a few miles short of renewing my EBG-status, so I would of course be interested in signing up (again).

Thanks!

2. jamesbond_ppk

jamesbond_ppk Active Member

Status Points:
    No mail here. This promo was done under different circumstances, would not be surprised if it does not come back.

3. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think we'll see it now. It could happen next Q4 if SAS once again find themselves in financial trouble and thus would want to attract flyers.

4. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess this option of requalifying for EBG is out the window this year. Too bad, as next year looks like to be a year of low activity on the travel front for me.

Alternative options will have to be investigated :)