Is Southwest Airlines Getting Ready For Argentina, Venezuela, Chile, And Brazil?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Apr 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    NewsAvia, a popular aeronautical information portal written in Portuguese, is reporting that “sources of commercial aviation in Latin America” said that Southwest Airlines applied this week for authorization to fly to Argentina, Venezuela, Chile, and Brazil.According to the article, which we ran thru Google Translate: The company low cost US Southwest Airlines is seeking authorization… The post Is Southwest Airlines Getting Ready For Argentina, Venezuela, Chile, And Brazil? appeared first on Points Miles & Martinis.

Continue reading...

2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    What Metal does SouthWest have to fly down to EZE.....? Do the 737 long range birds have the capacity to fly MIA to EZE non-stop....???

3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    4400 miles? I'd be surprised if they had that range.

Gaucho likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    My thoughts exactly..... I thought that SW was a one plane only airline.... so if they want to come down to EZE, will they start using other birds...???? or will they make it a one stop affair..??

5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Im finding the 737-700 ER with 9 aux tanks should be able to go 5000 miles..... but Im not sure Im reading the chart right....

6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points: