is resort fee at Hawaiian Village new?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by TRYING2BPLAT, Nov 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be staying at HHV next month and I noticed they start posting about resort fee, which I have never seen when [ was booking a couple months ago, now the resort fee includes internet. Is this new?

2. Jg3

Jg3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The fee is new. It seems that they have devalued the benefits for elites even further with this new junk fee.

3. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The fee is new and absolute rubbish.:mad: Elites should not be levied this fee considering that part of the rationale for the fee is the inclusion of internet, but complimentary internet is a benefit for Diamonds and Golds. The hotel would have been smarter to marginally increase rates and levy pool or beach chair fees. Instead there is an increased rate of $25 per night with the resort fee.

4. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    daninstl likes this.
  5. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pretty soon every hotel will be like vegas with these resort fee of no value like turn down services which used to be free.
    I called HHV about it and inforrmed me that any booking prior Nov 1 is still no resort fee, so got lucky this time but not next time unless more guest complain about it.